Receptionist / Administrator (Patient Services Officer) Vacancies
Harborne Medical Practice is a lively, modern and well established teaching practice in the centre of Harborne. We provide excellent general practice and nursing services to our approx.14,500 patients. We are a COVID vaccine centre and also provide the hub for local primary care services, physiotherapy, phlebotomy and minor surgery along with specialist clinics for conditions such as asthma and diabetes, to name but a few. We have a fantastic family-friendly staff team consisting of 7 partners, 5 salaried GPs, several nurses and over 25 administrative and secretarial staff.
Our lovely practice has expanded in the last few years, with the addition an IT suite and extra consulting rooms, bringing our total to 20 clinical rooms. We are known for our modern, progressive approach to both the
provision of patient care and support for our staff team. We see ourselves as highly innovative, taking great pride in everything we do and are rated ‘Good’ by CQC.
To continue the efficient running of the practice and help us increase our patient offer, we are looking for the following persons to join our friendly staff team:
Patient Services Officers:
Providing various reception / administration hours potentially working 5 days from 7 and may include evenings and weekends on a rota basis. We can offer a degree of flexibility regarding the number of hours provided and are happy to discuss this at interview. The FTE salary range is £18,525 to £19,553 depending on qualifications and experience. Our staff benefit from the excellent NHS pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
You should be able to:
- Provide high quality administrative and reception support to the practice.
- Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service at all times to partners, staff patients, relatives and other key stakeholders.
This role will include some 07:30 starts and 20:00 finishes, and some weekends. The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work these hours on a rota basis and provide additional cover when necessary.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Worked in an administrative / reception role, ideally in general practice and used the EMIS clinical system.
- A good standard of general education, including English and Maths.
- Experience of using computerised recording systems and used software packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A teamwork ethos, excellent communication and organisation skills
- Skill in paying attention to detail and keeping to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-focused skills.
- A calm, flexible and adaptable approach
In return you will receive an excellent remuneration package, staff uniform, comprehensive induction and regular supervision. Our Leadership Team places great value on all our staff and fosters an environment where staff are encouraged to participate, grow and develop.
Additionally, Harborne has fantastic amenities and public transport network. We are pleased to offer free parking on site to all practice staff.
Harborne Medical really is a great place to work.
We are also looking for Bank staff and these applicants must have previous GP surgery experience.
To apply of for further information regarding the positions, please email your CV to: