Our seasonal flu vaccinations are starting on Saturday 3rd October 2020 and Sunday 4th October 2020. These dates are only for those age 65 and over or those under 65 with certain chronic health conditions:
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
Please book an appointment via reception or come as a “walk-in” from 9am- 1pm on Saturday 3rd October or 9am-12noon on Sunday 4th October.
You must be prepared to queue, observing social distancing, and please note that this may involve queuing outdoors. Please bring and wear a mask or face covering. Wear clothing that allows your upper arm to be exposed easily by pulling down the garment.
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group without chronic medical conditions will not be vaccinated until November and December, no appointments will be offered for this group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first.